Re: obscure question?

From: Pete Finnigan <pete_at_peterfinnigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:31:25 +0100

Hi

I know this isn't the answer to the spool question, but...

Under Unix you could create a pipe with the same name the trace file would be for the session and then cat the pipe through awk and grep out the relevant lines that you need to see real time progress. Under NT, you could use Perl or install cygwin, or use gawk, etc to get the same effect. Using the pipe means you wont eat disk space, or you could just let the trace file create as normal and tail -f it.

Using this method you could get the statements from the trace file that is being executed at the time.

HTH Pete Finnigan
www.pentest-limited.com

In article <xX4z7.136207$5A3.43536002_at_news1.rdc2.pa.home.com>, Jason <foucault4_at_home.com> writes

--
Pete Finnigan
IT Security Consultant

Office  01565 830 990