Re: What does the OraclexxxxxAgent service do?

From: FaheemRao <faheemrao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Oct 2001 00:10:30 -0700

Oracle Agent is used for Oracle Enterprise Manager Functionality called Discover Services. if you have Server Manager Installed on a Client machine and you wants to see that database server , you have to Run Enterprise Managers Functionality Called Discover Service , Discover services sees all those Database Servers on which oracle intelligent agent is running. If you stop oracle agent service you cannot see that database server from enterprise Manager.