Best size for datafiles

From: James A. Williams <willjamu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 06:38:59 GMT

I am on a Solaris Platform running 8.1.7. I am creating a .5 tb datawarehouse.

I am going to have a lot of datafiles.

A smaller datafile spread out generally performs better.

I like 500 mb but will go with 1000 mb files.

What does anyone think? Vertias options are delaylog, mincache=direct,convosync=direct and mincache=dsync and convosysnc=direct. Received on Wed Oct 17 2001 - 01:38:59 CDT