Oracle 8i -> MS Access

From: Tarik <tarik_sadat_at_amat.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2001 09:24:27 -0700

Hello

Revisiting this again. The objective is to query data out of an MS Access database from a stored procedure in the Oracle (8.1.6) database.

I've got the DSN successfully defined for the Access database. I've also defined this DSN in the initodbc.ora file.

Unfortunately I seem to be stuck at setting up the listener - chapter 8 ("Managing Heterogeneous Services Using Generic Connectivity") of the "Distributed Database Systems" manual.

It suggests that you need to set a PROGRAM variable in the SID_LIST_LISTENER for the SID you create for the Access database. But what should I set PROGRAM to?

Does anybody have any experience of using the generic connectivity and if so am I approaching this correctly?

Thanks in advance.
Tarik Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 11:24:27 CDT