Distributed query issue

From: Orna Berlinsky <ornab_at_amdocs.com>
Date: 16 Oct 2001 07:45:33 -0700

Hi,

Two databases : A & B

in database B - we have table EMP

in database A we create a DB link to database B.

From database A we issue the query :

select * from EMP_at_dblnk_name ;

My question is : where is the parsing taking place ? If I issue this query as dynamic SQL ( because I have 10 db links to 10 differnt databases so the DB link name is changing ) , and I issue this query thousends of times - in which site I will need the huge shared pool size ? in A or in the remote site B ?

Thanks
Orna Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 09:45:33 CDT