Re: Oracle Management Server cannot be started

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:03:26 +0200

Obviously this is a well know feature (bug). After a successfull installation of Oracle 8.1.7 you have to change

   SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE=(NTS) to

   SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE=() in sqlnet.ora. Since I changed that, the Management Server starts fine.

It's a very tough job to create an out-of-the-box-installation. Until now I have never been able to just doubleclick SETUP.exe and have a running Oracle Database. But I am just a developer and not an Oracle DBA.

Michael G. Schneider Received on Tue Oct 16 2001 - 09:03:26 CDT