Re: Where to keep encryption key , DB?

From: <pelln_at_icke-reklam.ipsec.nu.invalid>
Date: 16 Oct 2001 11:23:08 GMT

In comp.security.misc Pete Finnigan <pete_at_peterfinnigan.demon.co.uk> wrote: > Hi

> have a look at DbEncrypt by Application Security Inc, in New York,
> Aaron, Eric and the guys have produced a good encryption tool that uses
> modern algorithms rather than DES and they have key hiding built in.
> have a look at their site http://www.appsecinc.com/products.

Key management is a far more importent issue the DES or not DES.

Before this discussion starts mentioning products, have a look at the "snakeoil warnings article" periodically posted on comp.crypto

Then a lot of "products" become rather pale :-)

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)