Re: Deleting data permanently

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 07:08:05 +1000

No version supplied, so this is just guess work, but transportable tablespaces seem like the way to go. Use the 'alter table X move tablespace Y' to move all the vendor's data segments into a single tablespace. Use the transport tablespace options to create a fairly small dump file, then ship that and the relevant dbf to the vendor. He should then simply be able to plug it in to whatever database he has available.

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for OracleT: www.geocities.com/howardjr2000