Re: Deleting data permanently

From: marcin <gormar_at_poczta.wprost.pl>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:04:59 +0200

Martin Schröder wrote in message <3BCAE7AE.5A563FAE_at_gmx.de>...

>Delete all unwanted data, export it an give it to him.

I can not delete any data prior export as it's a production DB.

>If you have multiple customers you can keep all data in one special
>(hidden) table. Then you create the specific table by "create table xxx
>as select * from special_table where customerid=0815". Now do an export
>(without the hidden table) ad give it away.
>
>Martin

It's not one table - it's a lot of tables, containing some data, which only part should be made available to the vendor. Creating copy of those tables with required data is not a problem, but there are also indexes, constraints that has to be supplied to the vendor.

regards

marcin Received on Mon Oct 15 2001 - 09:04:59 CDT