Re: Deleting data permanently

From: Martin Schröder <gichtl_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:42:06 +0200

marcin schrieb:

> Hi there ,
>
> I would like to give a part of the database to one of vendors, shipping him
> with the whole structure and only that part of data it's interesting for the
> vendor.
>
> Shall I do that by restoring full database from the backup, altering db to
> noarchivelog mode and then deleting unwanted data , or is there any other
> way, effortless and quick-to-apply ?

Delete all unwanted data, export it an give it to him.

If you have multiple customers you can keep all data in one special (hidden) table. Then you create the specific table by "create table xxx as select * from special_table where customerid=0815". Now do an export (without the hidden table) ad give it away.

Martin Received on Mon Oct 15 2001 - 08:42:06 CDT