Re: ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: Trifon Anguelov <trifona_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 00:50:02 GMT

"Aki Asikainen" <akasi_at_stopthespam.st.jyu.fi> wrote in message news:9qcjrl$fu5$1_at_mordred.cc.jyu.fi...
> I just got the same error message, although with a totally different
situtiation. I was importing a dump with imp80, and at the beginning of the operation the error occured. Since that I've been unable to start the instance. Trying to start it always results as the end-of-file on communication channel error.
> However, I made a new instance to the server, and it works fine. But I
would also need the old one. Any suggestions how to solve this?

> -Aki
>

> Manfred Rebentisch <mr_at_comparat.de> wrote:
> > I try to install Oracle 8.1.7 on Suse Linux 7.2.
> > After Installing I start dbassist to create database, but with 80% it
stops
> > with the Message "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel".
After
> > that I get the message ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE.
> > The seed.log file tells:
>
> > Connected.
> > ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
> > create controlfile reuse set database "m3ora"
> > *
> > ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
> > alter database "m3ora" open resetlogs
> > *
> > ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
> > alter system enable restricted session
> > *
> > ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
> > alter database "m3ora" character set WE8ISO8859P1
> > *
> > ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
> > alter database "m3ora" national character set US7ASCII
> > *
> > ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
> > alter database rename global_name to "m3ora"
> > *
> > ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE
> > ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
>
> > ============================
> > The settings:
> > unset LANG
> > export ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
> > export ORACLE_HOME=$ORACLE_BASE/oraHome
> > export ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
> > export NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
> > export ORACLE_SCRIPTS_DIR=$ORACLE_HOME/bin
> > export ORA_NLS33=$ORACLE_HOME/ocommon/nls/admin/data
> > export TNS_ADMIN=$ORACLE_HOME/admin
> > export PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH
> > export ORACLE_SID=m3ora
> > export ORACLE_TERM=xterm
> > export DISPLAY=WS15:0
> > #export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jdk1.1.8
> > export JAVA_HOME=/opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8
> > export CLASSPATH=$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/classes111.zip
> > export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/lib
>

> > --
> > Manfred Rebentisch
> > COMPARAT GmbH

Manfred,

Did you apply the Oracle patch for glibc-2.1.3-stubs? If not download it from the Oracle site or from
http://www.dbaclikc.com/ftp/software/oracle/8.1.7.0.0.ee.cdrom.linux and try again.

Did you set up the kernel parameters : shmmax, etc?

Hope that helps.

Trifon Anguelov
Senior Oracle DBA

http://www.dbaclick.com Received on Sun Oct 14 2001 - 19:50:02 CDT