Re: Jdeveloper compatible with 9i database?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:35:08 +0200

"Wilhelm Thieme" <w.thieme_at_planet.nl> wrote in message news:9qcs0e$g6k$1_at_reader07.wxs.nl...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to Jdeveloper 3.2.3 to work with an 9i database on windows
2000.
> When I try to acces the table list (for example using the business
component
> wizard ...) I get this message:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00600: Interne foutcode, argumenten:
> [ttcgcshnd-1], [0], [], [], [], [], [], [].
>
> java.util.Vector
> oracle.jbo.server.OracleSQLBuilderImpl.getTableList(java.sql.Connection,
> java.lang.String, java.lang.String, boolean, boolean, boolean, boolean)
> java.util.Vector

oracle.jbo.dt.ui.main.DtuUtil.getTableList(oracle.jbo.dt.objects.JboConnecti
> on, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, boolean, boolean, boolean,
boolean)

> I'm new to Jdeveloper, and I have no idea what could be wrong.
> My JDBC connection tests ok Can't find anything in the trace files that
> makes sense.
> Do I need to do some special configuration in the database for Jdeveloper?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Wilhelm Thieme

ORA-600 is an untrapped error which normally shouldn't surface. This means it can only be resolved by
a) querying Metalink
b) contacting OTS and submit a TAR
Normally Oracle is downwards compatible so 9i should work with Jdeveloper. As the release of 9i you now have is an initial release, it is likely bugs like this one will show up.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Sun Oct 14 2001 - 15:35:08 CDT