Re: Oracle equivalent to SQL Server's xp_cmdshell?

From: John Peterson <johnp_at_azstarnet.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 07:44:11 -0700

Thanks, Jim!

I think I found the relevant link on Ask Tom:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:184840::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F 4950_P8_B:150612348067,Y

However, it doesn't appear as if the results from the execution are returned to the calling procedure. But I suppose this is a start. I wish Oracle had better native support for this type of thing...

Thanks again, Jim! :-)