Re: only export

From: Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 14:28:52 GMT

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 09:41:54 +0200, "Thierry" <thierry.constant2_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to receate a database if I only have an export full ?
>(if yes what is the good procedure )
>I need to have other scripts created when the database is working ?
>( to save some configuration ...)
>
>Thanks for the answers ...

Hi thierry,

no problem! You need a running instance with Ora version equal or higher than the database you made the export from. All directories neede to place the datafiles into must exist, because ORACLE doesn't make new directories. Then perform a full import.

good luck

Marc Blum
mailto:marc_at_marcblum.de
http://www.marcblum.de Received on Sun Oct 14 2001 - 09:28:52 CDT