Re: exprience sharing in downloading Oracle 9i for Windows

From: Dino Hsu <dino1.nospam_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 15:41:41 +0800

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:55:36 +0100, Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote:

>Dino,
>
>I downloaded on ISDN all three discs - to reduce the load, I did it one
>by one.
>The d/l speed was about 65KB per second. I usually get about 110 KB per
>second on average.
>Unzipping has not caused a problem - yet :o)
>I have yet to build a CD though.
>
>I'm on Win2000 Professional SP1.
>

>Regards,
>Norman.

I tried downding Oracle9i in Windows 2000 server, the speed is still around 45KB/s. However, on the same computer, I can download Windows 2000 SP2 with more than 500KB/s, 12 times faster!! I guess Microsoft will link you to the download site near you, while Oracle has its only one download site no matter where you are located.

Dino Received on Sun Oct 14 2001 - 02:41:41 CDT