Help:OracleoemManagement Server dies shortly after starting

From: Alvaro Fuentes <alvarof2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:15:31 GMT

Fellow Oracle'rs:

I am running Oracle8i 8.1.5 Enterprise Server on a Windows 2000 Server.

I installed the Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 2.0.4.0.0 and the installation
came as "Successful".

I can run the Instance, Schema, Security and Storage Managers separately, connecting to the database, but not to the OEM Server.

Initially, the creation of the OEM repository failed because the max number of processes was 59, I changed to 200 processes.

I launched the configuration assistant and tried to create the repository and failed because the following sql exception:

"Creating repository:
SQL exception encountered
Reason: ORA-06553; PLS-213: Package STANDARD not accessible. SQL Statement:

create trigger SMP_VDU_PRIV_OBJECT_TRIG
before delete on smp_vdu_objects_table
for each row

BEGIN
    DELETE from SMP_VDU_PRIVILEGE_TABLE
    where OBJECT_OID=:old.OBJECT_ID;
END; The OEM Server keeps dying after starting. This may be very likely to the fact that the OEM-Server doesn't have a repository on an Oracle database.

Given this feedback, the questions are:

1)Where to find/install the "package STANDARD......."? 2) If the sql exception persists after a successful 1), is there an alternative way to create the OEM-Server repository in a database?

Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

  1. Fuentes afuentes_at_goodpremises.com