Re: Rollback segent too small

From: FaheemRao <faheemrao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2001 12:36:35 -0700

First of all Please Read the Oracle Error Description from Documentation!

This could happen if you have a long query and you lost the rollback information you need.
Because in your ETL program there might be massive transaction which might be changing the data and One of the Transaction require Rollback Data which is being over written by some transaction. So you get "Snapshot too old message"

to aviod the Situation you should create a Rollback Segement Which can handle the amount of changing data . for that you should query V$ROLLSTAT view.
Then set a Specific Transaction to use a Specific Rollback Segementin single user mode and then find out the Difference of bytes use(for rollback information) before and after the Transaction and then estimate the size of your Rollback Segement.

Faheem Rao