oledb/ado/odbc Re: Accessing different databases from visual basic

From: simon gu <guxinhong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Oct 2001 08:03:14 -0700

microsoft oledb data access layer could take care of the access to heterogeneous db communication(oracle, sqlserver, sybbase,db2, etc). use ado object model to process the data in the sql level or gui part. create different dsn in odbc to access different db, and refer them in your ado
object.

store proceudures need to be setup in each database platform for reading, updating, inserting, etc. ask dba help if available. It will process your data request in a orderly fashion.

oo4o is oracle provider for microsoft vc or vb

These are general areas you might want to look into.

hope helps