Re: tablespace - size

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 12 Oct 2001 07:17:05 -0700

anlommel_at_gmx.de (Andreas Lommel) wrote in message news:<3bc69a12.1901514_at_news.btx.dtag.de>...
> Which are the best sizes for the other tablespaces ?
>
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:43:08 GMT, [Andreas Lommel) wrote:
>
> >Hi there !
> >I want to create a new database.
> >Tablespaces:
> > USERS = 800 MBytes
> > TEMP = 200 MBytes
> >Others
> >Open Cursors = 255
> >Which are the best sizes for the tablespaces ?

That's very hard to tell you, because that heavily depends on your application. Your database is very small, so you can afford bigger tablespaces and still have no problem with placing. Maybe you can start with system about 200 megs, index tablespace maybe 1 gig (but this one is even more dependant on your application then others), RBS for about 500 megs.
However that's just quessing, you'll see how your database will grow in size and then you can adjust sizes.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.