Rollback segent too small

From: Michiel Brunt <mbrunt_at_inergy.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:07:26 +0200

I am loading data for our data warehouse on Oracle 8i. The rbs tablespace has an autoextend datafile There are two rb segments both extend size 4mb, unlimited extendible

Our ETL tool commits every 10.000 records. However, after 8 mln records I receive the message:

Error: ORA-01555: snapshot too old: rollback segment number 2 with name "RBS1" too small

I cannot explain this as it should be able to extend automatically (physical disk is NOT full)

Who can help?

Regards, Michiel Received on Fri Oct 12 2001 - 08:07:26 CDT