Re: Linked Server . . . again

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 12 Oct 2001 04:13:45 -0700

"the masked avenger" <sued_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Vgtx7.449$fE2.133654711_at_newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>...
> I installed Oracle 8i client on SQL Server 7.0 machine. I can connect
> through the ODBC connection. I created the linked server connection. When
> I try to connect, I get a "MSDAORA" error message. Any thoughts on this?
> TIA--
Sure,

Always include
- the *exact* version of your Oracle software, three digits and two dots, so 5! keystrokes
- the *exact* error message instead of "a MSDAORA message"

Do not expect people here
- are clairvoyant or paranormal
- have a crystal ball

When you don't meet these minimal requirements, please don't expect sensible answers.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Fri Oct 12 2001 - 06:13:45 CDT