Advanced replication

From: Daniel Gagne <djgag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2001 22:11:45 -0700

Hi,

I'm currently testing Oracle's multi-master replication.

When generating replication support for more than 1 table, I always get an ORA-02049 - Distributed lock timeout.

From the lock views, I can see that the transaction is waiting for row 1 of the system.repcat$_repcat table.

The _distributed_lock_timeout is set at 300, which is more than enough.

The setup is the following.
Oracle version is 8.1.7
Master definition site is on a Solaris 8 server The second master site is on a Solaris 2.6 server. Replication manager is version 2.1.0

Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

Thanks,

Daniel Received on Fri Oct 12 2001 - 00:11:45 CDT