OLAP and dw on Oracle

From: Stephen Manning <stephen.manning_at_qsipayments.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2001 17:21:35 -0700

I am interested in getting some feedback on people's experiences in using oracle to create and maintain data warehouses and development of BI applications using there OLAP service (Express). We are using Java technologies primarily which is why Oracle is ranking high on the list.
Of interest:
> Performance
> Ease of development maintenance
> Security in an internet exposed environment
> Report generation and ad hoc querying.
> Support and ability to access useable documentation
> Generally any good or bad points that one would not normally find
    out till after it is too late
I am interested mainly in experiences with 9i product range, but 8i experiences would also be appreciated. Has anyone had any experiences with using Oracle Vs MS SQL Server in a Java environment?

Cheers

    Stephen Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 19:21:35 CDT