Re: Help with Tablespace fragmentation

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:33:33 +1000

"Wade Chy" <wchy65_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:36df3e33.0110101407.1d5ece22_at_posting.google.com...
> Hi All
> How can I find out if a tablespace is fragmented? Is there any data
> dictionary view I can query to find out howmuch a tablespace has
> fragmented and what is the best way to coalesc the tablespace.
> Thank you in advance.

Check out http://www.geocities.com/howardjr2000 -under "tips" and 'Administration', you'll find a complete discussion about tablespaces and fragmentation, and some tips to avoid it (because fixing it up is not a free exercise). Hint: dba_free_space is going to be important to you.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 16:33:33 CDT