How to connect to Oracle over internet.

From: slycat <slycat_nospam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 11 Oct 2001 13:33:19 -0700

I was wondering if anyone might know the answer. I need to set up a System DSN on a Windows machine that will reference an Oracle database. I was able to set it up with Oracle running on the same machine that I set the DSN on.

My question is, with Oracle running on a remote machine(internet), do you know the syntax for the server name? Since it will no longer be local? The DSN type is MS ODBC for Oracle. This is driving me nuts! How do i get to it? domain name/ip? Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 15:33:19 CDT