Re: Accessing different databases from visual basic

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:14:49 +0200

On 11 Oct 2001 07:49:33 -0700, mahua_at_saisoft.com (Mahua) wrote:

>We are thinking of creating a program in Visual Basic which will have
>to access 3 different databases. It will read from db1 in sql server
>and have to write to both db2 (sql server) and db3 (Oracle).
>
>We were thinking of storing the fields in variables and then updating
>the other two databases with these variables.
>
>Is there a better way to do this?
>
>Thanks
>Mahua

Without *any* doubt.
The only problem is you don't provide any details, so no one can provide any sensible advice.
Why do you think you can't have the complete data model in *one* database in the first place? What kind of reasons do you have for that? I'm almost sure this is going to end up in a nightmare, especially as your fragile VB client is going to do it.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 15:14:49 CDT