DB Event Triggers - Run as Who?

From: Ethan Post <Blah_at_Blah.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:56:55 GMT

Assume scott owns a procedure called FOO.

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER foo_shut BEFORE SHUTDOWN ON DATABASE BEGIN

     FOO;  -- 1
     SCOTT.FOO;  -- 2

END;
/

create or replace trigger foo_logon
after logon on database
begin

   foo; -- 1
   scott.foo; --2
end;
/

I suppose I could do some testing but perhaps someone can give me the quick answer. My question regards object ownership rules against trigger ownership. When a database shutdown trigger runs, who does it run as? The person performing the shutdown or SYS or the person that owns it. When a logon trigger runs does it run as the user who owns the trigger or the person logging in? Does the person logging in need permission to run FOO from SCOTT? What if I select into a variable using V$MYSTAT, who's info will I get? You get the idea. Now I will go read the docs, but if you get a chance I would appreciate a reply.

Thanks,
Ethan Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 12:56:55 CDT