Oracle 8.1.7 runinstaller on Suse 7.2 SIGSEGV

From: Calvin Wang <cwang_at_expressvu.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:32:31 -0400

I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on a new Suse 7.2 server. I have unset LANG environment parameter, but despite that, I still get

SIGSEGV received at bfffe8d8 in
/oraclebinaries/install/Disk1/stage/Components/oracle.swd.jre/1.1.8/1/DataFi les/Expanded/linux/lib/linux/native_threads/libjava.so. Processing terminated

when I run the Oracle Universal Installer. Oracle support suggested I download jdk_1.1.7-v3-glibc-x86-native.tar and replace the existing jre. I've searched around and the consensus is that this wouldn't help as Oracle 8.1.7 installer have its own jre already. Has anyone else encountered this situation? If so, what do I need to do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance,
Calvin Wang Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 11:32:31 CDT