locally managed tablespaces TEMP or RBS

From: Rob Williamson <robw_at_physics.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:58:17 -0400

I was considering playing arround with locally managed tablespaces for Temp and RBS and maybe Index tablespaces in a new database I am designing.
I use 8.1.5 ( no patches yet ). Does anyone have any advise/ horror stories or
things to consider. My DB is small .5 G or less and I will not have too many transactions
so there is no real need for a faster system but I have noticed fragmentation problems
with my current Temp tablespace and thought this was Oracles latest cure.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Rob Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 10:58:17 CDT