8.1.6 listener on Compaq DL380G2 not connecting to remote clients

From: James T K Low <jameslow_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:39:21 +0800

Hi,

I have just installed 8.1.6 on a Compaq DL380G2 (NT4 SP6).

Now, from remote hosts, I can do a tnsping. However, when I tried sqlplus user/pass_at_servicename, it hanged and returned TNS timeout.

Any clues why this is happening? Now, this 2nd generation of DL380 is very new, which is why I suspect it. I have actually installed 8.1.6 on an earlier version of DL380 w/o problems.

Thanks for any insight.

Regards,
James Received on Thu Oct 11 2001 - 10:39:21 CDT