Re: Anyone to Install 8i or 9i on Win XP

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 11 Oct 2001 06:59:56 -0700

nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam (Nuno Souto) wrote in message news:<3bc57ad4.1484314_at_news>...
> On 11 Oct 2001 02:46:32 -0700, postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl (Sybrand
> Bakker) wrote:
>

> >Hopefully this is not a production database.
> >

> Wanna bet?
> :-)

Don't think so. I think that this guy just want to test Oracle DBs and have only box with XPs. The chance to successfully run Oracle on XPs can be 50:50.
Of course, if we talk about basic functions, Parallel Server, Standby or other stuffs like this, will not be working almost certainly. I do not think that anyone with sane mind can even think about putting his production database on unsupported platform. However, I've seen a lot of strange things and ideas in my profession. ;-)

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.