Re: query performance

From: <sweidanz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:10:40 +1000

Have you analyzed the tables in the test server?

try first to analyze the tables in test and dev and run the query again and see the difference in the execution plan/cost. If there is a difference see whats the difference in the execution plan. See why Oracle is doing this in test and not in dev. Maybe there is an index in dev that is not in test. or number of records in test is different than in dev.
make sure the indexes are the same too. Even if they have the same names does not mean thaey have the same columns and uniqueness.

Send the execution plan for both queries so that we can see if we can help.

hope that helps,
ZS Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 22:10:40 CDT