Re: Oracle Management Server in Solaris

From: Trifon Anguelov <trifona_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 04:19:58 GMT

JK Yao wrote:

> dear all,
>
> I setup the Oracle8i (8.1.6) in our Server (Solaris2.7). If I want to
> install other pack, such as Tunign pack, where I should install?
> Server or Client? Coz in the CD I can install in client but not
> server, but there is no that kind of CD for Solaris. So, I guess that
> should be install in client. Is that right?
>
> However, after I run the Oracle Expert or other application, it shows
> error message:
> VTK1000: Unable to connect to the management server P8. Please verify
> thta you have entered correct host name and the status of the Oracle
> Management Server.
>
> P8 is the database I have and the host:208.23.58.10
> What should I put in the field "Management Server"?
>
> Please clarify. Thanks very much in advance.
>
> regards,
> JK

JK,

Still, there is no Tuning Pack for Solaris released. So you have to install this pack on NT machine and connect to OMS on Solaris.

First you have to create a database to host the OMS and then run the scripts to create the OMS as well. After you installed your Oracle Managment Server on Solaris and started it then you can connect to it. In the field "Managment Server" you should use the host name (or IP address) where the OMS is. The default account is SYSMAN/OEM_TEMP.

I think on Solaris you can create OMS with ${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/oemca, but I am not 100% sure. Check there and you are going to find it.

Hope that helps.

Trifon Anguelov
Senior Oracle DBA

http://www.dbaclick.com Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 23:19:58 CDT