Question about adding DBs to 9i Enterprise Edition Manager when logged into OMS

From: Michael Kers <m.k_at_mailandnews.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 20:35:15 GMT

Hi,

Running Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition, Windows 2000 Server (very similar to 8i 8.1.7)

After creating a new repository and making sure the management server is running, I can start Enterprise manager stand alone and see the database. If I double click it in the tree view I can log in as SYS or SYSTEM and view the schema.

When I try to log into Enterprise Manager as SYSMAN I can get in, but I can only see Events, Jobs, Report Definitions, Groups, HTTP Servers and Nodes ... BUT NO DATABASES.

Where are the databases hiding? How do I add them to the +Network treeview? If I try a discovery I don't get them. I know they are there because I can see them in the tree view in stand alone mode.

My repository is inside of the database I created that has all my other schema. Is there something I have to do to add the database to the SYSMAN account (via the repository) so that the SYSMAN account can see the databases?

Thanks
Mike Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 15:35:15 CDT