Describe procedures in Oracle 8i

From: Zeke Bravo <zekebravo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Oct 2001 07:35:11 -0700

Oracle 7 allowed you to do a describe on a procedure inside a package, but you couldn't do a describe for the whole package. Oracle 8i implemented a describe for the whole package, but when I try to describe a procedure inside a package I get the following error:

SQL> DESC CREATE_PEOPLE.CR_PEOPLE
ERROR:
ORA-04043: object CREATE_PEOPLE.CR_PEOPLE does not exist

SQL> When I do a describe for the whole package it shows all procedures including the one above.

Is this a setup problem or Oracle dropped the single procedure describe feature?

Appreciate help with this matter.

Thank you. Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 09:35:11 CDT