Re: SQL Sytax between Oracle & SQL Server

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:49:20 +0100

from the sql server (2000) help manual it looks as if the cascade constrains functionality is not available.

DROP TABLE
Removes a table definition and all data, indexes, triggers, constraints, and permission specifications for that table. Any view or stored procedure that references the dropped table must be explicitly dropped by using the DROP VIEW or DROP PROCEDURE statement.

Syntax
DROP TABLE table_name

Arguments
table_name

Is the name of the table to be removed.

Remarks
DROP TABLE cannot be used to drop a table referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint. The referencing FOREIGN KEY constraint or the referencing table must first be dropped.

Incidentally I was trying to check up on my memory of cascade constraints (I.e. it drops foreign keys as well) when iIgot

ORA-30554: function-based index TAHITI.SQL_KEYWORD_INDEX is disabled
ORA-06512: at "TAHITI.SQL_KEYWORDS", line 94
ORA-06512: at line 7

ah well

--
Niall Litchfield