Urgent ! ORA-04031 error

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:53:39 +0100

Chris,

looks like your shared_pool is too small, so ....

edit initSID.ora file and increase the value in the SHARED_POOL_SIZE parameter from what it is, to something bigger. How much bigger ?
Good question.

I usually find that about 5M increase is ok, but this all depends on what is in the pool and what needs to go in, whether there are pinned packages etc etc etc. (It's a black art !)

After changing the setting, close and restart the instance otherwise it won't take effect.

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar			EMail:	Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
Database/Unix administrator	Phone:	0113 289 6265
				Fax:	0113 289 3146
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.	URL:	http://www.Lynx-FS.com