how design this database

From: david chen <rolex_chen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2001 23:11:16 -0700

we want establish a new system with database in oracle- previous veriosn of ours is build on sybase-

i have the responsibility with creation of databaseassume  all componet(except my database),with excellent scalable ability-
in that scenario,if our system need scaleup,with need of our cutomer,we may upgrade the whole system easily-

it sounds wonderful-

but if so,at last,all bottlenecks will focus on my database.i have to aviod it as my best,

then,what do you think how may i avoid it? how may i establish this database with excellent scalable ability as well?
in fact,i am a newbie of oracle.i need your advices very much,

BTW,generally,many table with millions-rows in my database,and it is OLTP,
and my goal is that let the system suppport much subscribers then we expectation-

if it's possible,i need some solutions similar with my issue-- may i?

thanks,

david Received on Wed Oct 10 2001 - 01:11:16 CDT