Incredibly slow load into a partitioned IOT

From: Tony Rodgers <stephen.rodgers_at_turner.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2001 12:43:07 -0700

We've got an IOT which is partitioned by date range. We were able to test some loads (6M records) using sqlloader (not direct path) into the IOT before we partitioned it and the timing seemed acceptable. We have partitioned the IOT now and we're trying to load 12M rows into the IOT. The load has been running over 27 hours now and still not complete. When I look at v$session_wait for the session doing the load, it's always showing db file sequential read as the wait for the session. The files being read are the data files for this partitioned IOT. I can't figure out why it's doing so much reading, nor why it's running for so long. There isn't any other activity against this IOT and it's isolated onto its own disk array. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen something like this or had any ideas about things I could check. This is on an 8.1.6.0.0 database. Received on Tue Oct 09 2001 - 14:43:07 CDT