Re: Candidate for replication?

From: Kelvin Kirkland <kelvin.kirkland_at_stelco.ca>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:19:38 -0400

I dont believe you can use a standby database to accomplish this as the standby is in recovery mode and cannot be accessed

The replication idea works and you tell it how often you want to propogate changes. Replication has its own set of problems of course. I would agree with the other response saying that if you dont need dynamic data through the day the Exp/Imp idea is easy and very workable

HTH Kelvin Kirkland
DBA
Stelco Inc