Re: Oracle, ERWin, RI via triggers and mutating tables ...

From: Aleksey Burdakov <burdakov_at_vesco.ru>
Date: 9 Oct 2001 05:18:36 -0700

We have successfully used ERWin-generated triggers for MSSQLServer and Centura SQLBase, why is it better to use Oracle constraints apart from the "mutating" problem ?

Writing your own triggers is not a good idea, since we have more that 100 tables in our DB, and much more relations between them. Only writing a template for ERWin might be worth doing.

Again, Oracle does not support Update Cascade RI.

Best Regards,

    Aleksey Burdakov