Re: Date problems since 2000

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 9 Oct 2001 04:12:11 -0700

"Cefio" <support_at_cefio.fr> wrote in message news:<9pu5tu$t02$1_at_wanadoo.fr>...
> Hi
>
> I have encounterd a problem with my oracle version 7.3
> I have a table containing records with a date field ("DD/MM/YY")
> Since year 2000, all records with an year "99" are interpreted "2099"
> inspite of "1999"
> Can i result this problem ??

Oh dear, it took you nearly two years to realize this ? :-) I'm not sure if Oracle 7.3 has been certified as Y2K compliant, but this looks like ordinary Y2K bug. Oracle 7.3 is a pretty old release, but maybe some patch can solve this. If I had recorded correctly even first Oracle 8s needs a patch to be Y2K ready.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.