Re: determine Oracle account last access time

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:30:57 +1000

I can't agree with that answer. Every User's Server Process has to check whether or not they are *supposed* to be audited, even if they are not. Every Server Process has to take time out from any operation to check the audit_options that may have been set, just to check. If they're not being audited, then they proceed to do what the User wanted them to do. If they are, then they have to take time out to add to the audit trail.

Net result, every User is affected by switching auditing on. They'll all notice it.

Regards