Re: Date problems since 2000

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 9 Oct 2001 01:54:17 -0700

"Cefio" <support_at_cefio.fr> wrote in message news:<9pu5tu$t02$1_at_wanadoo.fr>...
> Hi
>
> I have encounterd a problem with my oracle version 7.3
> I have a table containing records with a date field ("DD/MM/YY")
> Since year 2000, all records with an year "99" are interpreted "2099"
> inspite of "1999"
> Can i result this problem ??
>
> Thanks

After several years of warnings from Oracle before 2000, this shouldn't be a problem anymore, or didn't you use your database since 1/1/2000? You would have expected this problem would have surfaced several years ago.

You're leaving out the century from the format mask. Anything not present in the format will be automatically derived from the sysdate. You should change your NLS_DATE_FORMAT to DD/MM/RR or better still DD/MM/YYYY or yet better still:not rely on a default date format.

Oracle 7.3 has been desupported almost a year ago, Oracle 8.0 has also been desupported: you need to upgrade to 8.1.7

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Oct 09 2001 - 03:54:17 CDT