Re: Which product?

From: Neil Truby <neil.truby_at_ardenta.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 07:44:00 +0100

"Mark Townsend" <markbtownsend_at_home.com> wrote in message news:B7E7BA58.19159%markbtownsend_at_home.com...
> in article Nxmw7.8759$sI1.48760_at_NewsReader, Neil Truby at
> neil.truby_at_ardenta.com wrote on 10/8/01 11:43 AM:
>
> > the answer's obvious, or posted somewhere obvious.
>
> Neil - see http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle8i/pdf/8i_fam.pdf for the
> differences between Standard and Enterprise.

Thanks Mark

I had already been directed to this page. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think this *does* describe the differences, except in a broad-brush, high-level, tortoiseshell-glasses, pony-tailed marketing sort of way. I certainly can't disgest those paragraphs and make a technical assessement on which is right for my client. And I have to say Oracle themselves don't seem inclined to help ...

But thanks for your reply. Received on Tue Oct 09 2001 - 01:44:00 CDT