installing oracle 8.17

From: WKC <wkchen_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 04:05:05 GMT

I'm trying to install oracle in my RedHat 7.1 linux. I'm up to the point to run the ./runinstall and expecting the Java GUI to pop up to install the Oracle Universal Installer.. and it never pop up. all i get is the "please wait... "

what am i doing wrong... I'm using the oracle user whose in the oinstall group.. anyone can give me someideas what's wrong?

thanks Received on Mon Oct 08 2001 - 23:05:05 CDT