Telnet from Oracle using UTL_TCP

From: Mike <nospam_at_please.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:24:39 +1100

Hi there folks,

I'm playing with the idea of using Telnet from within Oracle (8.1.7.2.3 on NT) to perform actions on our legacy box (sort of like a low cost Oracle Transparent Procedural Gateway ;))

I can open a connection OK with UTL_TCP, but only get garbage when I read input from the port. The same script works fine with an SMTP service by changing port to 25. I've mucked around with various character sets, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone discovered how to use the UTL_TCP package to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Cretan
Database Consultant, Tasmania Received on Mon Oct 08 2001 - 21:24:39 CDT