Newbie: debug question

From: Wombat <Wombat_at_Wombat.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 00:24:09 +0100

Hello,

I have an orace 8 Enterprise server. Every so often (presumably when a user preforms a particular operation under circumstances which I am trying to ascertain) the Oracle Server goes 100 % computable. After several (> 5) minutes it settles down again. It uses 100% of the first process in a multiprocessor system (Solaris on Intel). The database appears to be totally unresponsive to other user requests. All communication is through WebDB.!

Can anyone give me any pointers as to how I can find out what is going on. As I already said, I cannot reproduce the fault at will so I have to be ready for it next time it rears it's ugly head.

Can PMon help me?

Thanks.

WBat Received on Mon Oct 08 2001 - 18:24:09 CDT