Re: storage in import

From: godmann <allanwtham_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Oct 2001 21:27:07 -0700

After reading all the inputs, I feel that I will NEVER come close to editing dump file directly. It's NOT MEANT for that from the beginning. The safest way to go as Howard J Rogers and Asaf Shoval had mentioned is to create an indexfile in the following steps.

  1. exp blah ... INDEXFILE=create_tables.sql (note you don't need rows=n indexes=n cuz once you specify indexfile, Oracle is smart enough to know you want a script file)
  2. Modify the create_tables.sql. You will see all entries for create table remarked out. Eg # create table table1 blah.. Change the storage parameter to your desire.
  3. Run create_tables.sql using svrmgrl
  4. import blah... IGNORE=Y
  5. DONE.
  I believe this is the safest way and works fine even with 2000 tables and above.

Allan W. Tham
DBA Received on Sun Oct 07 2001 - 23:27:07 CDT