Task priority/mixed use DB

From: Jay <jayms_at_nospamaol.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 02:25:35 GMT

Platform is Oracle 8.1.7 on NT 4. I currently have a small db which warehouses some data but is primarily a real-time data source for a dialer. This machine has excellent response time for this purposeand  it is not nearly maxxed out.
I will be creating another, much larger and more utilized warehouse soon. If I create it on the same box, is there a way to guarantee that the real-time activity gets priority? The warehousing tasks will push this machine more, but I think not too much total. Received on Sun Oct 07 2001 - 21:25:35 CDT